Thursday, November 21, 2013

God-shaped hole ~ Bono

I came across this quote by Bono on Goodreads.com, and as I read it, my first reaction was Thank God, I am not alone. Here is what Bono has to say: 



Yes, the God-shaped hole, that we carry with us every where, everyday. For me it is a little bit more blacker and wider, and when I hear the hissing of what's missing, I write. I write till my heart bleeds on paper and my thoughts have dotted the paper in black and white. Even on days when everything seems to be going great I can feel the loss of something which surrounds my existence. 
I have tried to fill it up with verses from books, musical notation from songs, laughter of my friends and the warmth of my family. But after a while, it grows a little wider consuming me with a sense of panic and fear. I do not know what that missing part of my life is, I do not know how to seal it up once and for all.
All I know is that it is a boon and a curse and it's my responsibility as to how I deal with it. And in all these years the only possible way has been to write, write and keep writing. I am no artist, I am just a girl who is in love with words. For me words are like souls, they bring my thoughts to life.
I have stopped running away from this feeling, I have accepted the fact that may be some where down the line this too will make complete sense to me. May be it will help me discover a new dimension of myself. 
Until then, I'll embrace it with all that I have and fill it's insatiable hunger with my words.  

No comments:

Post a Comment